Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Our Perfect God

"This God -- how perfect are His deeds! How dependable His Words! He is like a shield for all who seek His protection. The Lord alone is God; God alone is our defense. He is the God who makes me strong, who makes me sure-footed as a deer; He keeps me safe on the mountains. He trains me for battle, so that I can use the strongest bow."

Psalm 18:30-34


Our God is sovereign. He is the Creator of all things. He is the main reason why we are all created. He is the perfect God. The God Who works in mysterious ways. The God whose works and deeds are perfect. And He is the God who loves us from the very beginning till the end.

We humans are not perfect. We are dependable and we cannot live by our own. We cannot boast from the things that we did. We are incapable... we are weak... But we have a BIG God that can do all things and can turn out impossible to possible.

I strongly believe on what the psalmist said to this passage. God's deeds are perfect and we can truly depend on His Words... Because His Words are true and His promises are eminent. He is our Protector from every problem and pain. Because we are weak and dependable, we need a Protector, and He is our God. When we feel so alone, He is there for us. When we feel so incapable, we can trust God and get the strength through Him.

This world is a battlefield. A battle between good and evil. And God, our omnipotent God is a Mighty Conqueror Who have won the battle 2000 years ago at the Calvary. We are already a victor if we rely on Him but if we let the enemy who was a looser to overcome us, we will never be a victor and we'll join his defeat. In the passage, our God will train us how to be strong and how to continously live in the success of His victory. We are still living in this battlefield and we must always obey our Commander for Whom His strength is never ending.

God alone is the God whose love is unconditional and His promises will never cease. We just have to rely on His Words through reading the Bible and having a quiet time with Him so that when things don't turn out to what we expect, we are still strong and we have the strongest bow to defeat the enemy.



----As days go by, Im getting more and more nervous. Three weeks from now, I will be the one who will stand in front of the congregation to share the Word of God. I am so overwhelmed by this Big Opportunity that God had given me and this is another way of showing Him how much I love Him. What gets me more nervous is the fact that until now, I still don't have any preparation for my message. I don't have the topic yet, the passage and everything. I am still asking God to reveal something to me so that I could be able to start doing preparation for the preaching. Without the guidance of the Holy Spirit, I couldn't make that. I am nervous and I am excited as well. This is another step of growing in Christ's love. I am praying for the topic about "Moving On". But I will still obey what God wants me to do. To God be the Glory.

No comments: