Monday, January 14, 2008

Servanthood

"True greatness is not defined by what we get but what we give."

Sometimes, we have wrong perception about servanthood. In servanthood, there is a Master and there is a Servant. And the servant must obey all the things that the master wants him to do. In our lives, we desire to become the master so that we can get all the things that we want because we have a servant who will do everything just to please us. But, in reality, we can never be a master because all of us are servants and we have only One Master. I guess you know Who am I reffering to. In the situation between Martha and Mary in the New Testament, we can clearly see the difference between the two kinds of servanthood that the two girls have shown to Jesus Christ. But who's the one whom Jesus was pleased? It's Mary right?
It's not about telling others on how good and how dedicated we are in serving but it is the passion to do everything to their Master and leaning our minds to know what the Master wants to tell to us. It's about doing and not asking for return because God above will bring back all the good things that we have done.


1. Who are people who have modeled a lifestyle of service for you?
---For me, the people who became models of service are:
My Parents - they give me unconditional love that they even gave their whole life to us.. their children.
Ate Ana - she was the one who supported me when I was in college. Without asking for return, she gave everything just to support our family.
Sis. Flor - our church leader. She is definitely one of the persons to be admired of regarding faithfulness and dedication in her work in our church
Bro. Boy - one of the pioneers of ACCF Sto. Tomas. Until now, he continously serves whole heartedly in the Father's vineyard.
Ptr. Arnold - as a pastor, he gave up everything including his career in fulfilling God's commission. He is serving full time in our church as a resident pastor.
Sis. Anding - one of the leaders in our church. She have served many years in God's kingdom and I could say that she is very dedicated to her work until now.
And I know several people who are still dedicated in their work. And the Lord knows who they are.
2. In what ways are you serving others today?
By doing everything that will satisfy their need. By doing the best in everything I do. And most especially by doing things that pleased them as much I please God. It's like, "everything I do is an act of worship to glorify God."
3. What gets in the way of servanthood for you?
For me, seeing them with gladness in their hearts is a sign that they appreciate my work.

No comments: